TalkTalk email from any PC.

the hick 13:36 04 Sep 2011

I have TalkTalk broadband and email. Is it possible, to access my TalkTalk emails from any PC? I think it must be, but for some reason I do not seem able to find out how on their website.

howard64 14:26 04 Sep 2011

yes on any pc just type in talktalk say in google when you get them click on mail and enter your details.

Woolwell 14:33 04 Sep 2011

You can do it by using webmail Talktalk login. But you will only see e-mails that have not been downloaded by an e-mail client like Outlook Express, Outlook or Thunderbird unless these have been set up to leave messages on the server. This is for pop3. Perhaps a better way is to move from pop to imap. With imap all messages remain on the server until purged and can be downloaded (remaining on the server) to any pc e-mail client or your smartphone or tablet. You can also use webmail for imap.

cocteau48 14:59 04 Sep 2011

You can use this:enter link description here

spuds 15:59 04 Sep 2011

Consider though that using passwords etc on someone else's computer might leave later problems?.

natdoor 18:53 04 Sep 2011

If using mail2web, as suggested by cocteau48, I would recommend selecting 'advanced login'. E-mail account will be either pop.talktalk.net or mail.talktalk.net, I suspect. User ID will be e-mail address and Password the e-mail password.

the hick 19:15 04 Sep 2011

Thank you for replies, I have to register for TalkTalk webmail it seems. this was not obvious to me at first.

Woolwell 19:20 04 Sep 2011

You have to log in which isn't the same as registering. You should be able to use your e-mail password.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?