Talktalk e-mail account wont connect

Nancyoncannon 10:36 11 Jun 2009

I am with talktalk as my ISP. My operating system is Vista.

This morning when I came to open Windows Mail I get the error message Account: 'Broadband Email Service', Server: 'mail.talktalk.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid command.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

Can anyone please explain what is happening and how I can remedy the situation and connect to my e-mail account.

This is my first ever posting on PC Advisor, I am not computer savy but my friend Barmoor is with me and is helping.

Nancyoncannon 10:46 11 Jun 2009

Thank you for looking, but we discovered Talktalk assist and using that system have resolved the problem.

Stuartli 11:13 11 Jun 2009

I've only used TT Assist once (on a friend's system) and was quite surprised at how effective it proved.

Border View 16:02 11 Jun 2009

We were delighted. I have a similar system with o2. Dont use it so much now, but when I first got o2 it was invaluable.

The fault Nancy referred to happened again. We discovered that you have to have Internet Explorer up and running before you check for Windows Mail otherwise you cant get in. Think IE must open the access to Talk Talk account. Its all a learning curve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017