Talktalk with D-link DSL-604+

mark1073 14:29 09 Nov 2006

I would apreciate any advice to get my wireless router going again. It worked great for 2 1/2 years on previous ISP and from July to October on TT. My connection went down on Oct 23 when BT reported outage on 0141 6xx exchange BB server.

I had to wait until a TT MT882 modem arrived (the sixth modem promised since May!) until TT would even believe my fault report. Then claimed it was fixed, but in fact BT had reported no fault found because the ticket was ambiguous. Waited until last night to be told fixed again. TT didn't tell me my password had been changed so wasted an hour. Sorted password but still no go until this morning.

Now I have BB via MT882 but cannot get D-link to work. It always fails ISP connection although I can see connection to PPP and gateway.

I am suspicious that TT linked something to work with a BT upgrade to prevent non TT branded modems working properly.

Like so many others, I have spent an enormous amout of time on the phone, being cut off, waiting to speak to totally unhelpful and contradictory 'advisors' and paying 10p/minute for a lot of it. Now I have the MT882 working I am no longer of interest and cannot be 'helped' further.

If anyone can suggest a way forward with the wireless, I would be so grateful.

oldbeefer2 15:21 09 Nov 2006

I've just installed a netgear wireless router for my daughter (on TT). Works (better than the TT modem), so doesn't look as though non TT kit is barred.

Stuartli 15:49 09 Nov 2006

I use an Ethernet e-Buyer Value (rebadged Safecom model) ADSL modem router with TalkTalk; current price is £14.99, a reduction on what I paid about three months ago.

Do you do the configuration through click here (at least it's this way in my case)?

Stuartli 15:49 09 Nov 2006

You also have to remember to Save the configuration correctly afterwards otherwise it is lost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?