talktalk broadband

Desperate-Dan 20:36 26 Jul 2006

I'm thinking of switching to talktalk broadband,
anyone on the forum with talktalk I,d like to hear about it, thanks.

Stuartli 20:46 26 Jul 2006

I have it after switching from Tiscali.

About the same speeds on the 2MB service as Tiscali.

But if you are thinking of switching you may have a long wait for BB because of the sheer volume of new subscribers.

My local exchange will be enabled for TalkTalk LLU next month but, according to TalkTalk's website, I'll have to wait until next February for the switch to unbundled.

palinka 21:43 26 Jul 2006

friend of mine has TT broadband; no problems.
Mind you, he's had it for a year or more and I imagine is still paying; latest "free" offer seems to be very popular and therefore ther is a long waiting list.

Stuartli 21:57 26 Jul 2006

He doesn't need to - he can easily switch to Talk3 International from the TalkTalk website.

indiasun 22:14 27 Jul 2006

HI, I've had talktalk broad band for about two months now and am seriously regretting it. There is no aftersale service, not even for name sake and believe me you'll need customer service more often than you eat. They don't respond to your emails and if you think you can talk to them on phone forget it, you will be on hold for ages before you can talk to a human voice and this is a prime rate line ( 10 p/ min). It gives the impression as if TALKTALK want to make their money this way. Think again before you commit yourself for 18 months.
Hope good sense prevails.
HAPPY BROADBAND HUNTING

dawnal 06:55 28 Jul 2006

I've also been using TalkTalk for a while now.I would like to echo indiasun's comment on their customer service. Basically, you don't get any.

They did reply to my email, though. They told me my period of free customer service had run out. Very helpful that was. I've had a lot more help on this forum than I've had, or expect to get, from TalkTalk.

I'm thinking about changing my provider but I've heard so many horror stories that I don't know which one to choose. Its all so confusing.

blodgett 09:24 28 Jul 2006

Dawnal,
Try Waitrose.com, they have been brilliant over the past 15 months (I changed from AOL!) . Free helpline (and they even checked back to see if problem was resolved!).
OK, so they have a basic download limit of 5G and they charge £18.99/mnth but there again you get what you pay for, excellent up to 8mps service.(Should you happen to be living in the telephone exchange!)and excellent customer service.

Diversion 21:06 28 Jul 2006

Thanks for the above comments I've just signed up with Talk-Talk for the cheap phone calls and free broadband, but looking at Indiasun and Dawnal's comments I'll stick with Pipex. I get a 1MB connection unlimited and uncapped broadband for £18.45p per month, Talk-Talk have asked me for a MAC code but they won't be getting one now. Thanks for the information.

dagbladet 21:14 28 Jul 2006

Been with them for a couple of years. Switched to the 'new deal' when it came out, no problems whatsoever. Now paying £8 less a month for an improved service, and my phone bill averages out at about 80p a month which is usually an occassional 0845 or 0870.

Diversion 21:20 28 Jul 2006

My last BT bill was just under £170 for the quarter, I'll be over the moon with a bill like that thanks.

Desperate-Dan 21:37 28 Jul 2006

Thanks guys for the advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone