TalkTalk ADSL Drop

ade140 21:02 05 Sep 2007

My TalkTalk ADSL keeps dropping it has been happening ever since joining TalkTalk. The only ways to get the connection back up is to lift up the reciver and put it back down on the phone repeatidly, rebooting the modem also works sometimes. i have swapped the micro filters numerous times and spoke to TalkTalk second line but to no evail.. My Netgear 834gt Modem is on the only socket into the house and no other lines are connected except for the main phone, wireless conection is good.any suggestions

interzone55 21:12 05 Sep 2007

Lets walk this through

You have one phone socket.
The filter is plugged in here.
The Modem & phone are plugged into this filter.
There are no other phone extensions.

If yes to all these then that's ok, just check for things like burglar alarms & Sky boxes that may have phone connections.

One thing I found with my Sister's Talk Talk connection was that they had set the connection speed higher than the phone line could cope with.

The line had been set at 8mbs when the line could only cope with 3.5mbs.

Persevere with the helpline until you speak to an engineer who can drop the line speed. When I called I told the engineer that the phone wasn't near the PC, so he phoned me back on my mobile - saved my sister 50p a minute while he did the line tests.

ade140 21:17 05 Sep 2007

your email above is correct no other lines inc like sky box etc, i have been spkg to their engineers but after a day or so it reverts back to the same old problems
Rgds ADE

Migwell 23:40 05 Sep 2007

Hi I have been having the problems with TT also. Line dropping speed so slowwwwwww that it is down to dial-up speed and even below that at times, if you can call that speed. I have been asked to use click here and click on the Maidstone site the speed test will run automatically from that. I have to do that three times a day and send them a link to my readings. The line was off from 23:30 last night but was back on this morning. and a speed of 5mbs was there. Oh joy at last. Did another test at lunch time and guess what? Speed less than .512mbs, back to square 1 again!!!

I am determined that I WILL get it going right even if it takes all year.

Migwell 23:43 05 Sep 2007

Just done another speed test an .32 down load with .36 up load. What the hell is going on with TT.

Mike 00:17 06 Sep 2007

For My Speed test I use click here for its apearance, you see can something happening.

My talktalk line is at half its normal speed tonight of 3.5mb and dropping out all the time. I just press F5 to get it going again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone