do you use talkgas.net e mail and access it through this address

click here

????

if so, could you please post back.....
thanks

end

VoG II 21:45 06 Jul 2004

But I'm going to "bump" you anyway.

What problem do you have? It may be soluble even by those who don't use Talkgas e-mail.

end 22:46 06 Jul 2004

not a "problem" as such, but " annoying" ; bear in mind i do NOT use outlook express;

I"log-on" TO my mail through that site; thats easy;(so wont BE from now on!!!);

HAVING " logged -on", if I then , say, go to my " in box" ( or any of them) and read the messages, then "minimise" the page, ...when I try and reopen the page, I find I am preented wioth the log- on screan again, DESPITES THE FACT that i AM already LOGGED IN, ( or SHOULD be). if i "flit around " between Forum and e mail, each time I check my mails, I find myself pesented WITH my log-in screan ; it is driving me scatty (!!!).......am wondering what I might be doing " wrong " or " not right" ;
and bear in mind it iS " web -based" e mail ( whatever " difference THAT makes!!!!)

???does that " make sense" ...or a load of rubbish??????

VoG II 22:54 06 Jul 2004

It makes perfect sense.

I suspect that this is a cookie problem. In IE make sure that per session cookies are enabled.

end 22:56 06 Jul 2004

I can "minimalise " it and " maximise" it if it is the only page open, bUT, have just tried it with the forum pages open and it refuses to stay open in the background;????is it becasue it is a " different address" perhaps??????

it is so FRUSTRATING having to log in every time....when I know I have already logged in!!!!!!!!!!!!

end 22:58 06 Jul 2004

????how????

AND...my Guard IE is configured to remove ALL cookies on close of internet connection ( I THINKK!!!)_

VoG II 23:00 06 Jul 2004

If you are in IE, press CTRL+N to open a new window. You can then *point* one at your e-mail and the other here.

VoG II 23:02 06 Jul 2004

Reconfigure your IEGuard. Cookies are not a threat.

Dispose of them from time to time using Ad-aware click here

end 23:07 06 Jul 2004

a point; do I press the CTRL+N in WHICH " window"????? e mail or here???? as at present nowt happens......

end 23:19 06 Jul 2004

am not quite sure what I ahve " done", but am " expermenting" with right clikcing " on the mouse with the pages minimaliesd to try and maximise them...soemthing is " happenign" here, but not sure yet HOW........*( so when I nEXT" visit" will not be able to repeat this!!!!!!!)....ahv not changed any setting or.......
( I need to " retire"...will "catch up" with this tomorrow...se e if anyone has "jumped in " the "hichough"....... )

end 23:50 06 Jul 2004

and of COURSe...tried a " revisit" and of COURSE I cannot repeat whatever it was I had done!!!!!!!!gggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017