talk talk wireless broadband

yellows 12:56 16 Feb 2008

my friend has just bought a laptop which is wireless and she has now received her wireless modem from talk talk. i am going to set it up for her tomorrow but wanted peoples opinions. is it easier to use the connect and go cd that comes with it or set it up manually. has anyone got got link to show the set up step by step please?

crosstrainer 12:59 16 Feb 2008

Be of help:

click here

brundle 13:01 16 Feb 2008

Normally I skip using install CDs but the last TalkTalk kit I set up required its use. Manual set up wouldn't work, and reading the blurb on screen after I admitted defeat, it said that running the install CD was a `requirement`.Everything was up and running in 5 minutes after that). It will walk you through the whole process.

yellows 13:06 16 Feb 2008

thanks for both your help let you know how i get on

Stuartli 15:01 16 Feb 2008

Providing you use the Connect 'n Go installation disk, the critical point that the MTU figure is configured at 1432 won't concern you - it's lower than the majority of ISPs, although sister ISP AOL uses the same figure.

Also useful are the TT forum pages at:

click here

yellows 20:02 21 Feb 2008

i used the connect and go cd and apart from a few freezes it set up without no trouble. my friend want to change her email address with talk talk is that easy to do?

Sea Urchin 23:00 21 Feb 2008

She can have to five email addresses

Here's how

click here

Stuartli 23:40 21 Feb 2008

You need to send an e-mail from another user to a TalkTalk e-mail account to activate it.

If you already have an e-mail account it's easy to do this.

You use the TT Broadband Dashboard to set up new e-mail or other accounts.

woodchip 23:48 21 Feb 2008

I use TalkTalk and never used CD to setup. I did it all in the Wireless Router. But you need to connect the Laptop with a Ethernet Cable to get Info from Router to run Wireless and to setup the router first off

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone