Talk Talk or Orange??

AlAndrews 20:40 30 Aug 2008

Looking to change ISP and both Orange and Talk Talk are available as LLU on my exchange, seem to both offer a good deal.

I'd welcome comments or reliability, service and speed.

version8 15:56 01 Sep 2008

I got the hard sell from Talk-Talk recently.
Offered 8MB guaranteed even though i gave them my post code.
A quick check (as i did) & my exchange can only handle up to 4MB.
As we are at the end of the exchange the most we get is 2.5MB.

But this detail did not seem to bother them!!!

Jimbolena 19:05 02 Sep 2008

Hi

I am an orange customer and have always had a good service from them (went with them via freeserve and wanadoo) but I live in a semi-rural area so there probably isn't too much contention on the line. Speed is fine. Only had to phone them a couple of times in 5 years.

However Talk Talk are offering me the same 8Meg package for 16.99 a month including free phone calls - tempted.

BUT it aint broken so I'm not sure I want it fixing!

Dougie168 10:53 03 Sep 2008

Hi,

My parents were on Orange previously and at first there were no problems. Then later is kept disconnecting on them, getting more frequent later down the line. It got really frustrating and annoying especially when they needed to use the Internet. Everytime I called up the call centre, they would do the same procedure which is understandable, but they'd take ages and try and make up some kind of excuse when I wanted some engineerers to come out and test the line.

Overall my experience with them haven't been too pleasant, but I do think it differs for each customer.

So this was my experience. My parents are now on O2 broadband and it hasn't disconnected once - very good! =)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?