Talk Talk Internet connection dropping

thumbscrew 22:30 18 Dec 2010

I booted up today and, after a few minutes my Internet connection failed and I had the redial box on screen, informing me that another attempt would be made to connect in 56 seconds...55 etc. I reconnected myself and it's stayed on so far. Exactly the same thing has happened several times recently. I can't see anything on their status page. Any other users experiencing similar?

rdave13 22:48 18 Dec 2010

If on BB make sure "never dial a connection" radio button is dotted.

thumbscrew 22:54 18 Dec 2010

Thanks rdave, can you explain where to find it?

thumbscrew 22:54 18 Dec 2010

Thanks rdave, can you explain where to find it?

rdave13 22:57 18 Dec 2010

In IE then tools- internet options- connections tab.

johnem 23:00 18 Dec 2010

On Internet explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options, Connections and click on the radio button "Never dial a connection".

thumbscrew 23:04 18 Dec 2010

Thanks both, it is dotted in IE.I use Firefox mostly, can't see it under tools there.

spuds 23:23 18 Dec 2010

What router are you using, one supplied by TalkTalk or your own.

I have had recent problems with Tiscali/TalkTalk with re-dialing signal and disconnection, eventually I found that the router had been reset to factory settings.

rdave13 23:26 18 Dec 2010

Right click your connection icon in notification area and select similar to " network and sharing center". Select "manage network connections". Right click your connection and select properties in the dropdown menu.
Click on internet protocol version 4(TCP/IPv4) then the properties tab and make sure that the boxes are ticked for;
Obtain IP addy is on auto
Obtain DNS server addy is also on auto.
Also ,internet options, connections, lan settings and untick use proxy if it is ticked.

thumbscrew 23:27 18 Dec 2010

It's a Talk Talk wired Modem.

thumbscrew 23:27 18 Dec 2010

It's a Talk Talk wired Modem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?