Talk Talk email query

[email protected] 10:22 17 Oct 2008

My friend has talk talk broadband but does not know if he has an email address with them. consequently he is still subscribing to wannadoo for his emails.If he cancels wannadoo will he still be able to receive his emails or will he have to contact talk talk for a new email address

T I M B O 10:34 17 Oct 2008

Yes he will have an email addy with talk talk, it’s best they call his isp and find out what that is. Wanadoo / Orange will keep the emails going for up 6 months before they cancel it all altogether.

Stuartli 10:57 17 Oct 2008

Normally you agree an e-mail address and password when first signing on for TalkTalk - extra e-mail addresses can be set up in the Broadband Dashboard at:

click here

This is accessed by entering your TalkTalk username (phonenumber + @talktalk.net and your password provided in the welcome letter.

To be able to receive e-mails from your TT account you first have to have one sent to you - as one is already available (Orange) just request your friend to send an e-mail to himself.

To continue receiving Orange e-mails an account will have to be set up in Outlook Express (from Tools) and the server POP3 and SMTP details etc details plus, from the Connection tab, ensure that such mail (and that from any other ISP) is collected via TalkTalk.

TalkTalk e-mail addresses usually comprise your first name and surname (separated by a full stop) and with @talktalk.net added, although the former can be as you wish.

cocteau48 12:46 17 Oct 2008

Bilko
Freeserve/wanadoo/orange will only close the account if it is not used in any 90 day period - even then it can be resurrected.
Mine has been going for over two years having moved on to Tesco and then TalkTalk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017