talk talk

zebmonkey 23:29 18 Nov 2006

when i try to set talktalk emal as my out look express it says:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'talktalk', Server: 'mail.talktalk.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

What do i need to change to make it work?

woodchip 23:30 18 Nov 2006

Not mine

Brumas

Wed, 06/09/06@00:09

TalkTalk Technical Advice, Hope I Can Help

Hi, I work for talktalk, as a broadband consultant and have just come across this post whilst visiting my dad(BRUMAS).

Firstly the username should be your phone number@talktalk.net(lowercase) with your password the(one that was sent/or you have since changed it to)

Secondly you would need to have set up the email using either the talktalk cd, or click here

Once this is done the mail settings should read as follows
Incoming Mailer Server: mail.talktalk.net
SMTP Server: smtp.talktalk.net

Both should be under POP3, when using outlook express/outlook make sure that talktalk/talktalkbroadband is the default connection(under properties in the email client program).

Also make sure "log on using secure password authentication is not ticked" in the properties box.

I hope this helps, Im down visiting for a couple of days, so any more questions i`ll try to help.

Regards

Sam

johnnyrocker 23:34 18 Nov 2006

surely if using pop server incoming should be pop-----

johnny.

Stuartli 00:00 19 Nov 2006

Sorry to have to contradict, but the phone number@talktalk.net and your original password is for the broadband connection configuration.

The e-mail account username is your proper (chosen) TalkTalk e-mail address and chosen password.

The Incoming Mailer Server: mail.talktalk.net
SMTP Server: smtp.talktalk.net settings are correct.

You need someone to send you an e-mail before the account is activated.

Stuartli 00:07 19 Nov 2006

If you delve a little deeper into the thread mentioned by woodchip you'll find the information in more detail:

click here

lotvic 01:24 19 Nov 2006

Outlook Express > Tools > Accounts > (highlight talktalk account) > Properties > Advanced and UNTICK This server requires a secure connection [SSL]

You will see the Incoming mail [POP3] box change from 995 to 110 (which is what it should be 110)

Click on Apply and then on OK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?