Takes forever to get in to PCA Forum

pj123 14:23 10 Apr 2007

Being retired I thought I would wait until all you lot who have to go to work did that.

Trying to log in to the PCA Forum over the holiday was a nightmare.

It seems that whether it is a holiday or not it is still a nightmare to log in. I have been trying for the last hour and a half and have only just been able to get logged in.

All my other favourites are instant. ie. camelot, instant. my internet bank, instant. Choice stationery, instant. amazon, instant. ebay, instant. paypal, instant. etc...

But not PCA Forum.

moorie- 14:26 10 Apr 2007

see click here
Fe states plans in place.

anskyber 14:26 10 Apr 2007

It's been very unpredictable for several days including today.

I've had a range of error messages from the usual web page cannot be displayed to the more interesting.

"Server Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Either the Macromedia application server is unreachable or it does not have a mapping to process this request."

uesquebeathus 14:34 10 Apr 2007

Hi, pj123, can you tell us what browser you are using?
also what type of internet connection you are using?
sometimes if you use the internet a lot the browser cache gets filled up, it is a good thing to clean out the cookies and browser history cache regularly, the more thats in there the slower your browser becomes.

I use Firefox 2.0.0.3 this loads almost all sites very quickly, the only ones I do find that load slowly are the ones that are full of rubbish and spyware as the adblock does not like them when this happens i just look for another site.

Internet Explorer v7.0.6 is now a lot better, the early test versions were full of bugs as they usually are.

Stuartli 14:46 10 Apr 2007

I've had problems with the PC Advisor website earlier today and I use Firefox 2.0.0.3; been the same for a day or two now on occasions.

kdt 14:48 10 Apr 2007

last few days it was never first time..couple of tries and it was slow

rodriguez 15:09 10 Apr 2007

I think the server has to be constantly updating the forum's pages as posts get added. It also has a lot of people on it at the same time tryin to access it's pages. If there a lot of updated posts and threads and a lot of people trying to use it - overload.

driving man 16:34 10 Apr 2007

Sometimes it happens and sometimes straight in. Am sure the techno guys at PC Advisor get on the case as soon as possible. Just lie back and think pleasant thoughts (or England) until you can get on line.
Chris

skidzy 17:39 10 Apr 2007

This type of thread is very common now due to PCA problems somewhere (servers maybe).

Moorie's link and the FE's post will basically explain it all.

Another thread on its way to lock down... :-)))

Totally-braindead 17:42 10 Apr 2007

If I can't get on PCA and for me its been a common occurance recently I open another webpage and open up something like Ebay which is never off. If Ebay opens but PCA doesn't I know the PCA site is down again.
Before I did this I worried that there was something wrong with my PC.
It does appear that theres more outages these days I'm afraid.

pj123 14:13 12 Apr 2007

Was going to tick this thread as resolved but it has taken me an hour + to get logged in. I keep getting a blank page with NO SERVICE at the top.

Maybe the "My Postings" forum is due for another cull?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?