Tabs. What are they?

  Jolan 13:36 28 Feb 2009

In my browser I find comments like "Close all tabs?"
and further references to "tabs" all over the place. I've searched many glossaries of computer terms to no avail. I suppose the question is too stupidly simple. Help! Thanks. John

  VoG II 13:40 28 Feb 2009

Tabs are at the top near the address bar. Yours should now say 'Forums - Tabs. What are they'. If you right click it you should see optionms like open a new tab.

See click here

  MAJ 13:40 28 Feb 2009

Which browser are you using. Tabs are sub-windows that open in your browser's main window. They save you opening a number of browser windows at the same time, by containing all your sites you are viewing in one browser window.

  Sea Urchin 13:43 28 Feb 2009
  Jolan 15:34 28 Feb 2009

Thank you VoG, MAL, Sea Urchin et al. John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?