Table of Contents in MS WORD 2007

K*B 21:39 28 Nov 2010

Hello friends, I notice there is a problem with a Table of Contents in WORD 2007 which I've just generated. In one section of the table, both the subheading and the contents of the entire paragraph appear. I tried to redo it but the same problem keeps occurring. I dont need the contents of the paragraph; I only need the heading of the paragraph in the Table of contents. The rest of the table is perfect. Now I will need to edit the table to remove the contents of the paragraph and leave the heading in the table. How do I do it? Please help. Thanks.

QuizMan 22:31 28 Nov 2010

I cannot speak for Word 2007, but in previous incarnations of Word the ToC takes its details from the various heading formats, e.g. Heading 1 and Heading 2 etc. It may be that the paragraph wording is formatted based on one of these headings rather than using normal text. Try reformatting it see if that resolves it.

K*B 10:38 29 Nov 2010

Thanks to you QuizMan, I took your advice and found that the paragraph wording/text had taken the formating of one of the headings. I re-formatted and re-did the entire ToC and it came out right this time. However I notice again that section 5.1 in the new ToC is missing. Sections 5.0 and 5.2 appear. Can I insert section 5.1 without having to re-do the entire ToC? If yes, how do I do it? Please help. Thanks.

xania 10:43 29 Nov 2010

Re-format the heading of section 5.1 to the same format as Sections 5.0 and 5.2 then reindexing should resolve that problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?