systemm

Maria777 18:03 12 Apr 2005

The system is dangerously low in resources

VoG II 18:07 12 Apr 2005

Version of Windows?

Does this happen when you are using Word - or when does the message appear?

Maria777 18:18 12 Apr 2005

256 ram pent 4 millenium, 40 gb, 52% free but runs very slow and usually freezes, no matter what i'm running. So i press clt + alt +del and then close some programs that are running, this helps for a while then freeze again, help please

VoG II 18:25 12 Apr 2005

Assuming that this has not always happened you may have caught something nasty. Try running Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here for a start.

Do you have up-to-date anti-virus?

Forum Editor 18:52 12 Apr 2005

You seem to have managed to post a few versions of the same thread (now deleted). If you don't see your thread/post appear as soon as you click the submit button don't worry and click again - just allow the server a few moments to update the database with your post and your page will refresh automatically with your submission in view.

Each time you click your mouse button you're sending a fresh version of the thread or post to the server, and it will register all of them.

Now we've got that out of the way, I think VoG™ may be right - you might have an uninvited guest on your computer by way of a virus, or some spyware that is causing the problem. Follow VoG™'s advice, and see how that works out.

VoG II 20:20 13 Apr 2005

Any luck Maria?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?