SYSTEM TRAY ICON REMOVAL

rotormota 21:52 23 Mar 2003

I am unable to rid my system tray of two very stubborn icons. One is for Roxio GoBack & the other is for my HP Officejet d145.

I can manually close them when they are in the tray but I just don't want them appearing from start up in the first place.

I have unchecked them in System Configuration Utility/Start Up but they just re-check themselves automatically.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

MAJ 22:04 23 Mar 2003

Also check that they are not in your Startup folder and see if there's an option in each program's preferences to disable the systray icon. Which operating system are you using, rotormota, Win 98, ME, XP??

rotormota 22:29 23 Mar 2003

Maj, I am using ME. Can you remind me where the Start Up folder is? As for checking each programmes preferences, I have done this but with no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks.

pj123 21:18 24 Mar 2003

Just go to START, RUN and type in msconfig and press enter then go to start up and take the ticks out of the roxio goback and HP officejet and restart.

MAJ 22:15 24 Mar 2003

Hi rotormota, I'm not familiar with Windows ME, but if you go to Start > Search and search for startup, you should find it. If there's nothing in there, post back, it could be something else.

professor 00:01 25 Mar 2003

just visit click here
from there download a program called regcleaner i wont go into details it will take too long but its self explanitory and there is a "startup" tab you can click and remove any tray icon and it will never appear again,and just like it says on the tin it will check your registry too

prof

Sketch 01:07 25 Mar 2003

Er, all I do is go Start/Program Files/Startup.......and then right click delete entries that I don't want loading on boot.

Works for me. I'd see if there is an entry in that before getting lots of excess software.

This is of course. If there are no 'tick box to stop systray icon' options.

I'm running Win98SE. I presume that all the folders are similar in ME. Have a look. Could be that easy.

SKETCH

rotormota 23:38 26 Mar 2003

Cheers all. Professor, I downloaded Regcleaner & job done.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?