system tray and bar

handy4x 17:26 02 Apr 2005

i seem to have somthing load in my system tray and disapear instantly then something ocasionaly [about every 15 min's]flashes a white square inthe bar this also interupts any games i am playing i have norton av 2004 norton firewall 2004 i have run adware,spybot and a squared and no problems found

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:30 02 Apr 2005

Type msconfig in the run box

look under the startup tab to see what programs are running at start up any you don't recognise post here for an explanation.

handy4x 17:39 02 Apr 2005

hi right we have
AcctMgr
ncpl
awiz
datala~1
jusched
ctfmon
there are others but i think i know what they are
thanks handy4x

handy4x 18:55 04 Apr 2005

bump

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:05 04 Apr 2005

AcctMgr.exe is a part of Norton systemworks suite and is responisble for handling passwords on your computer. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

ncpl again part of norton

AWIZ? click here

datala~1 Used for the Nokia PC suite. Used to sync Nokia phones to your computer

jusched - jusched.exe - Process Information
Process File: jusched or jusched.exe
Process Name: Sun Java Update Schedule ok

ctfmon.exe is a part of the Microsoft Office suite. It activates the Alternative User Input Text Input Processor (TIP) and the Microsoft Office XP Language Bar. This program is a non-essential system process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems

Peter 19:05 04 Apr 2005

Try right clicking on the spot where the white square you mentioned appears. If you get a drop down or pop up menu there may be a clue in it or an About option to click.

Peter.

handy4x 20:53 04 Apr 2005

thanks all for your info i have just run ewido security suite and it found three things that the others didn't but only discribed as tracking cookes awiz seemsto have disapeared from the startup if this has cured i will post later on
handy4x

handy4x 22:45 10 Apr 2005

hi again the thing is stil at it it interupts every thing games ect while burning a dvd and the system was loaded i managed to expand the box it is not around long enough normaly it was still blank but on the top was ms web check
i know this can be hijacked by the my doom virus but i have run two removal tools and both say i am clear as i run norton av and firewall and everything is updated at least every other day
still confused
thanks all

handy4x 19:44 13 Apr 2005

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?