System Tools 2011 infected laptop help needed!!!!

Sparkly 17:36 07 Nov 2010

Hi hap a laptop dropped off to me saying that they had a virus, when i started up the lappy a box pops up System Tools 2011 telling me there are 38 infections every time i try to run malwarebytes it stops it from running saying it is infected which was expected but it is stopping everthing i.e word,paint,media center the lot, if i plug in a usb dongel it stops me accessing it saying it is infected. I have run Malwarebytes in safe mode but it finds no infections allso in safe mode with networking i have run Trends HouseCall allso comes back clean but it most definatly is there and doing a very good job of blocking everthing.
Any help would be appeciated.
Windows 7

Halmer 17:39 07 Nov 2010
  Sparkly 17:54 07 Nov 2010

Halmer thanks running the scan now in safe mode will update with the results soon.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:23 07 Nov 2010

and if that doesn't do it then removal instructions click here

rdave13 18:24 07 Nov 2010

If SAS portable doesn't fully remove it then follow instructions on Bleeping computer; click here

Sparkly 18:32 07 Nov 2010

SAS just finished and only found tracking cookies
Thanks for the link Fruit Bat /\0/\ and rdave13 ill let you know how i get on.

Sparkly 20:07 07 Nov 2010

Fruit Bat /\0/\
Followed bleeping computer instructions downloaded and rad rkill and ran Malwarebytes came back clean, downloaded the Hostsperm.bat,deleted the host file and renewed the host file ran Malwarebytes again still comes back clean it just does not find the System Tools 2011 allthough the box im getting is as exactly the same as the picture shown on bleeping computer site.
Any thoughts on why its not seen??

Halmer 20:53 07 Nov 2010

click here

try the full version of SAS.

Sparkly 07:51 08 Nov 2010

Halmer just to update you sas full finally removed the little bugger with a combination of safe mode and renameing the file it is now comeing back clean when i scan it.
Many thanks for your help Halmer,Fruit Bat /\0/\
think i can tick the box now.

Sparkly 07:55 08 Nov 2010

PS meant to add
"Any thoughts on why its not seen??"
strange that Malwarebytes did not see it as this is useually a very good programme to get rid of any nasties but hay job done.
Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?