system shutdowns automatically can anyone help?

john-192629 17:02 04 Sep 2004

everytime im in the middle of working on something abig blue screen comes up and asks me to speak to my system administrator and possible solution would be to disable my bios memory options which i dont know how to do. when i restart my computer it tells me that it has recovered from a serious error.also when i start up my pc the monitor does not start with it can anyone explain why?

john

spikeychris 17:48 04 Sep 2004

Type "Eventvwr" into run and double click the system file. Post the red "X" reports.

spikeychris 17:49 04 Sep 2004

Assuming you are using 2K or XP.

griffon 56 03:19 05 Sep 2004

Hi Leighton Trading,
Re the monitor, if it is powered from the PC it ought to start in unison. If not you may have to switch it on separately each time the PC starts, in that a relay in the monitor opens on shut-down and has to be manually re-closed by pressing the monitor's on switch when the PC re-starts.

Re the blue screen and message. Go into the bios on start-up by pressing F1 or 'delete', and navigate through the resulting menu (it's self-explanatory) until you reach the section on setting defaults. Click on them. Press Y and enter. Press F10 to save to cmos and exit. Press Y and enter. It might clear the problem. If it doesn't take a lump hammer to it. Good luck.

john-192629 15:43 27 Sep 2004

ive solved my problem and it was the service pack 2 for xp and ruined my whole c drive which had to be replaced through restarts after crashes! i hope this helps someone!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?