System Restore won't work

night 19:32 11 Mar 2009

It seem's my system restore will not work, I am using Window's Vista, can anyone plaese advise me on this problem as to how to fix it, Imean is there a patch one can download to correct the matter, as once has tried the restore it comes up with it can't restore and suggest's try again or an earlier restore.

antony.dandrea 19:39 11 Mar 2009

and have u tried a later or earlier restore?
and are u the administrator?

birdface 20:40 11 Mar 2009

Try it in safe mode.

eedcam 21:42 11 Mar 2009

The most important thing is to find if you can restore as you might need it while messing around trying all the usual solutions . Do as Buteman says then at least you know its available

woodchip 22:01 11 Mar 2009

Norton Ghost can stop it working if its loaded on your computer, try disabling it if it is otherwise the only way to get restore working is to turn it off and lose all restore points, that do not work anyway, then turn it back on and create a new restore point

romeohotel 22:45 11 Mar 2009

I had this problem and after many failed attempts to rectify I had to do a complete system reinstall. Which did the trick.

Simsy 00:22 12 Mar 2009

when system restore fails to work the way forward is to disable system restore completely, then re-enable it.

This will mean that previously created restore points will be lost, but it has always worked for me subsequently.

It needn't meean a complete reinstall... but of course it depends what the problem is that is causing you to attempt a sysyem restore i the first place!

Regards,

Simsy

night 10:18 12 Mar 2009

Many thanks to all who replied including Simsy and am happy to say the problem is resolved mant thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017