System Restore won`t work.

Granny. 15:30 01 Nov 2006

I ran a Virus check this morning, and got a warning that I had a Trojan worm, which apparently had corrupted a file, which couldn`t be found?

After looking at the help pages, I opened System Restore to try and go back, but it couldn`t do it.

I tries various highlighted dates, but each time I got the message that my computer couldn`t be restored to that point.

I then decided to do another Virus check, and this time it came back clear, so I have no idea what is going on!

Please has anyone got any ideas?

I have Windows XP and have Avast AntiVirus, ZoneAlarm, Spywarecatcher, AdAware and Windows Defender on my computer.

mammak 15:51 01 Nov 2006

click here

hope this helps

Granny. 15:59 01 Nov 2006

Thanks mammaks.
I see that carper suggests switching System Restore off then on again to clear it.

I know I`m going to sound absolutely stupid, but when I opened it, I couldn`t see where or how, to do that?

Also, someone else said that Windows Defender could be clogging it up.
I`ve only recently added that, so wonder if that could be the problem, and if I`d be better off uninstalling it?

All help very much appreciated. :)

mammak 16:04 01 Nov 2006

I dont know about windows defender so cant advise there but to turn restore of go to system restore settings on the left hand side.

Granny. 16:05 01 Nov 2006

Thank you Mammuk, I`ll go and have a look now.

Granny. 16:17 01 Nov 2006

Thank you VERY much.

Turning it off, then on again has worked....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?