System Restore and screen problems.

mumto4 12:18 15 May 2007

When I put on the computer this morning the icons were huge and there is a gap at the sides where the screen is not filled out. I have made no changes to the computer and am puzzled. I have clicked on the desktop, Properties, and have dragged the icon aroungd a bit with no joy. Also tried System Restore in desperation and despite creating and chosing several dates a message always says the restore was incomplete.I have done the usual anti virus checks etc and nothing was found. Help please?

recap 12:33 15 May 2007

Right click the desktop select properties and check that the settings are set to 1024 by 768 pixels.

Also check the controls on the Monitor itself to adjust the screen size.

birdface 13:00 15 May 2007

Or go to Device Manager,Make sure there are no yellow exclamation marks on Display adapters or Monitors.If so up-date drivers.

mumto4 13:35 15 May 2007

Buteman, thank you. There are no yellow exclamation marks thank goodness because I wouldn't know how to update the drivers!
recap, thanks also. I have adjusted the settings to what you say and it is much beter. There is still, however, a small space to the left of the screen of about 1/2".

ICF 20:33 15 May 2007

Adjust the refresh rate.
or expand and move the display area with the menu control on the monitor like recap said

mumto4 11:20 17 May 2007

Thanks to everyone, problem solved by following all your advice.

p;3 18:21 18 May 2007

if this is sorted could it have a green tick please?

mumto4 18:39 18 May 2007

Yes, you can certainly have a tick, but I did so yesterday as well.

p;3 18:45 18 May 2007

did you tick the 'resolved ' bit then post the response? ? as you are still showing as unresolved? ( unless it is another new server glitch)

p;3 18:51 18 May 2007

[url=click here][img=click here][/url] is the bit I mean; did you put a tick in that box, then press post response?

mumto4 15:37 19 May 2007

Yes, I have ticked the box twice now, and might as well make it three.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?