System Restore Points vanished

Ray5776 20:17 19 Jul 2006

Hi,
I find the XP system restore facility very useful and usually set a manual restore point daily as well as the auto ones that are created. I had around 40 different points available yesterday.
Today I wanted to restore to yesterdays settings but when I tried this ALL points had gone apart from one I created earlier today which did not work and three that were automatically created which appeared to work but made no difference as only a few hours old.

Can anyone tell me what`s happened.

MAJ 20:51 19 Jul 2006

This click here might explain it if you deleted any large 'monitored' files, Ray5776.

Diversion 20:54 19 Jul 2006
  Ray5776 21:21 19 Jul 2006

Thanks for your responses and links, I will look at them thoroughly later.
I have not uninstalled any programs or deleted any files this week.
All was well yesterday, I have today installed and played with Opera 9 although I can`t see this being the cause of the problem.
I did run RegCleaner & RegScrub XP earlier today but I do not know whether this was before or after the restore points vanished.
The system restore now seems to be working OK with the test points I am trying now.
Luckily I ran a full system back up to a removable HDD last night (A rarity, right thing, right time)
I will restore from that overnight so no big problem but I am curious as to what caused the restore failure in order to avoid it happening again when I am less prepared.

Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone