System Restore points have disappeared

Dumble452 07:21 09 Mar 2007

All my system restore points have disappeared. Fortunately I have Acronis True Image, but System Restore can be very useful from time to time. I'm just puzzled why all the restore points should have gone missing.

rawprawn 09:24 09 Mar 2007

click here see if this helps.

Dumble452 10:08 09 Mar 2007

Thanks. I've now turned System Restore off and then re-activated it. It has created a new restore point. Haven't yet found out why the original points disappeared but that article may throw some light on it if I have the time and the patience to look at all the options. None of the straight forward answers seem to fit the bill.

€dstowe 10:41 09 Mar 2007

Do you have more than one hard drive installed? System Restore on more than one drive can easily overload it and the whole thing then fails.

Switch System Restore off an all drives except "C".

Dumble452 11:13 09 Mar 2007

I've got 2 hard drives and quite a few partitions. The computer is set up for dual booting which from memory uses the C and D drives, so I'll try switching it off on all the others. Thanks

Dumble452 11:21 09 Mar 2007

When I went to turn it off, instead of saying system restore was monitoring the drives it was showing suspended. Apparently one drive had less than 200MB of free space and the whoe thing had gone t up. A bit of tidying up needed. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires