System Restore Points

Mclearns Bald 14:37 29 May 2007

I recently tried two restore points and after going through lengthy processes, I was told on both occasions that these restore points could not be re-established. So before I choose another date for restoring to, then how can I be sure that it will actually be re-established?

Technotiger 14:55 29 May 2007

Hi, I assume you are using Dates shown in BOLD print?

Have a look here, scroll down to the troubleshooting section - I have not read through it all, but you might find something to help.

click here

beeuuem 16:00 29 May 2007

Are you using a firewall? Some, such as Norton, have self protection which stops System Restore from working. click here

Pineman100 16:44 29 May 2007

I've had the same problem in the past. I now only use System Restore in Safe Mode. No more probs.

€dstowe 16:51 29 May 2007

Having more than one hard drive can cause SR failure as well.

If you do have multiple drives, set your machine such that only the "C" drive is in the SR scheme.

Mclearns Bald 17:34 29 May 2007

<Having more than one hard drive can cause SR failure as well.

If you do have multiple drives, set your machine such that only the "C" drive is in the SR scheme.>

Yes Cdstowe, I have an external drive 'H'. I'll check out your suggestion, before I look at the other ones. Cheers

Mclearns Bald 17:41 29 May 2007

No it can't be that C: is th eonly one selected. I'll look at the other suggestions.

Diversion 18:43 29 May 2007

Maybe this site might repair your S/R click here

Mclearns Bald 18:48 29 May 2007

I got it this time after Norton was disabled. So thanks for all the contributions.

Technotiger 18:58 29 May 2007

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?