system restore not responding

sammyb36 21:06 01 Dec 2007

hi guys...

over the last week or so my pc has been behaving very strange............. i have attempted to do a system restore but when i click on it(system restore from control panel) nothig at all happens doesnt bring up the page or anything...

oh and macafee seems to have dissapeared of my pc.... can anybody please advise...otherwise i think i may need to format which i dont want to do.

many thnks

sam

Technotiger 21:25 01 Dec 2007

Hmm, the way to System Restore is via Start>All programs>Accessoriesories>System Tools>System Restore not heard of it being done through Control Panel before?

Technotiger 21:26 01 Dec 2007

Ooops - Accessories !

nyleridedog 21:37 01 Dec 2007

ive known viruses to that stuff. scan yer pc with macaffe online scan or panda antivirus online scan or other online scanners

good luck

sammyb36 21:39 01 Dec 2007

hi tech
on windows xp. on control panel you go to performance and maintanance and then click on system rstore...

but doesnt work

thanks 4 your reply though

Technotiger 21:44 01 Dec 2007

Hmm - you must be using Vista then - I don't have Vista, do you not get to choose which date to restore back to as in XP, and if so, have you chosen a date shown in BOLD print (at least that is how it is with XP) dates not in bold print are not restore dates.

Technotiger 21:46 01 Dec 2007

I repeat - in XP the way to System Restore is via All Programs etc ...

sinbads 21:59 01 Dec 2007

if its vista then you can access through control pannel using backup and restore centre. If using xp then its through programs etc.

If in any case you are not able to access try safemode to see iff it works from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires