System Restore No Auto Checkpoints being made

sparky boy 23:39 26 Jan 2004

I have Win XP home. I have noticed that my system restor is not making any System Checkpoints. It used to do a least one a day. I have checked all the setting and there is 40gb of disk space. I can make a manual restore point but it does not make the automatic ones. Any ideas?

hugh-265156 23:47 26 Jan 2004

have you installed service pk1? click here

also check in start/control panel/performance and maintenance/administrative tools/services

scroll down and click "system restore service" from the list of start up types in the drop down start up box select"automatic"

restart the computer.

@Home 23:47 27 Jan 2004

huggyg71,

I am also having this problem and I followed your your instructions, unfortunately they have made no difference and my PC still won't make any System Check Points.

Any other advise?

Cheers.

johnnyrocker 23:53 27 Jan 2004

dont know if it helps but when i had this prob with my mesh pc with me i was told it was a sign of hard drive on the way out and true to form 3 weeks later it failed. i would look for system restore or some such first aid.

johnny.

@Home 00:03 28 Jan 2004

Holy Sh*** johnnyrocker,

My hard Drive is only 1 Month Old. I have recently done a re-install (2nd time on my new hard drive) and prior to this I had System check Points Everyday. Strange.

I do hope my NEW HD isn't @*-/%&?

johnnyrocker 00:05 28 Jan 2004

do a back up rapid i suggest.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 00:09 28 Jan 2004

just rethought your last post re install twice in a month?!!!!!!!!!!! i may be wrong but i take that as indicative of major pending problems, i pray i am wrong but with electronics who knows? do you dare venture the name of the maker?;)

johnny.

The Spires 00:10 28 Jan 2004

If system restore gets corrupted every restore point made after the corrupted one will fail. You could try disabling system restore then reboot & re-enable it.

hugh-265156 00:13 28 Jan 2004

really not sure.if the drive is smart enabled and its turned on then look at your post screen to see if its healthy.the chkdsk run should have found errors if this was not the case.see last link if others do not help.

click here click here
click here
click here

sparky boy 07:30 28 Jan 2004

The Spires. I can make manual restore points so does that rule out you last post?

sparky boy 07:59 28 Jan 2004

I checked the web and found this post on another discussion board from some one who has the same problem
"I installed the latest ZA, but kept Folding - No System Checkpoints created
I stopped Folding, but kept new ZA running - System Checkpoint created

So, it seems to be true that Folding prevents System Restore from making System Checkpoints. I think this is something that all Folders should be made aware of..."
What is FOLDING? and how do I change it on my machine
Thanks for any assistance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?