System restore gone wrong

Masdon 11:28 04 Jun 2008

I have a acer travelmate laptop that I have tried to restore to factory settings via pressing Alt +f10 at start up which seemed to go fine until it had finished restoring and tried to reboot ..at which point the machine turned off then back on as with a normal restart but stopped on a plain black screen in start up.. Now when I turn the machine on all I get is a quick glimpse of the white acer startup screen before it goes to a plain black screen and stays that way?? Any help would be appreciated

Thankyou

Press Man 15:43 04 Jun 2008

Masdon,

Try booting in to safe mode and select "last known configuration".

Masdon 16:29 04 Jun 2008

I tried booting into safe mode but i get absolutely no response from the laptop no matter what buttons I push. ..so far anyway

Ditch999 16:34 04 Jun 2008

Have you tried hitting Alt+F10 again and going through the restore procedure again?
What OS is it?

Masdon 17:33 04 Jun 2008

I tried repeating the restore process straight away but I don't get any response when i type. the screen just goes straight to a black screen and won't respond to anything I type

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:40 04 Jun 2008

What model number travelmate?

woodchip 17:48 04 Jun 2008

How long did you wait after the first reboot, after restore? this is important as it as to reset the drivers and files for the system. You could try rerun Restore

woodchip 17:50 04 Jun 2008

Try removing Battery and Power Plug, then press and hold Start Button for a few seconds. then retry start as normal

Masdon 18:50 04 Jun 2008

travelmate 4020 is the model

Masdon 18:52 04 Jun 2008

no luck with removing the battery and power cable

Masdon 21:14 04 Jun 2008

after I first did the restore I left in running with the plain black screen for about 3 hours. I assumed it was working on something and would prompt me when it had finished but it just stayed blank

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?