System Restore does not work in Windows ME

mike424 15:22 13 Feb 2003

I attempted to restore some weeks ago and found that no Restore points had been made for several weeks (used to be every day).Since then I have manually made several but when attempting to use them it aborts, reboots and then advises my system has not been restored (no other info!) I have re-installed ME and gone through Troubleshooting in Help but to no avail. Can anyone help?

BarryKeith 15:38 13 Feb 2003

This is what usually occurrs with ME restore, it makes a restore point which either dissappears or is unusable. It is probably easiest to turn system restore off and make backups using an alternative method.

JoeC 15:47 13 Feb 2003

ME System Restore:- see

click here

and also see

click here

which might provide some help. Typing system restore into Google throws up lots of help sites. : }

brittas 16:26 13 Feb 2003

windows does have an update - I have used it and have restored ok !!!

mike424 16:38 13 Feb 2003

Thanks Joe C. The first patch did the trick. This knocks out all previous restore points but as they did not work it does not matter.
I understand that one corrupt restore file means that restore will never work again until all points are cleared which can be done by disabling/rebooting and re-enabling.

JoeC 16:39 13 Feb 2003

my pleasure. Happy computing ! : }

marcia 19:30 13 Feb 2003

can any-one help,
when i use system restore,the calender says you can go back to the previous month, i cant!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?