SYSTEM RESTORE BOX DOES NOT OPEN!!!

Mary_S 16:42 06 Apr 2006

Hi All,

Please help me urgently. I have assignments due in and exams to revise for and my pc is not working properly :S.

PROBLEM:I clicked on wndows media player and it didnt load up., instead it says "an internal application error has occured".

So, i attempt to use system restore BUT the box for system restore doesnt load up properly. I ran AVG virus scan and it tells me I have 8 infected files, some are a trojan horse some are 'virusidentified/javabyteverify'. Ive tried using some trojan removals of the net but it doesnt work. Can anyone help me please ??

Thanks in advance

Mary

rawprawn 16:54 06 Apr 2006

click here Download, update and run Ewido. When you are installing it untick Real Time protection ans Auto Update. It is then a free program. you must update manually.

rawprawn 16:56 06 Apr 2006

You perhaps would be better running it (after updating)in safe mode. Keep tapping F8 on booting to get into safe mode.

Mary_S 16:59 06 Apr 2006

thanks will give it a go.

rawprawn 17:18 06 Apr 2006

If that doesn't work I have read that this scan (which I recommend) will get rid of javabyteverify

click here

Mary_S 18:01 06 Apr 2006

Hey,

I tried the ewido scan .. it picked up some malicious software had it removed but still getting same problems. For the other scan, the pages dont load up properly.

IM no expert , but i think the problem i have is affecting any pages which contain java scripts. I cannot access my inbox on hotmail as well.

PLEASE HELPPPPPPP

:(

Mary

skidzy 18:24 06 Apr 2006

Ok Mary

What programs have you been using off the net ?

Some are known to be rogue installations and will cause more harm than good.

Recommended to use:

SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY
ADAWARE
EWIDO
DEFENDER (Microsoft)
AVG
AVAST
PANDA Online scan
Trend Micro housecall online scan

Also using this may help rectify some problems.
click here

This has a free version and will repair any system errors it finds.The trial version will repair 10 errors at any one time,the full paid for version will repair all errors.
If you decide on this,you need the registry optimiser version.It also has a tool to look after your internet explorer.

Most of the above are free,just be careful what programs you donload and use...Get advice first before using anything.

skidzy 18:29 06 Apr 2006

I also should have added

a2squared to the above list

rawprawn 18:31 06 Apr 2006

OK, don't panic. Try this online scan if you had trouble with Trend Micro. Take the full scan
click here

rawprawn 18:34 06 Apr 2006

When you have taken the online scan, Try a system file scan, go to Start/Run/type sfc /scannow (Watch the space between sfc and /) hit enter. You will need your XP CD. this will replace any corrupted system files.

VoG II 18:58 06 Apr 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?