System Restore

kingsoffife 08:34 20 Jan 2006

Can anyone help. The system restore is not working on my machine. When I click on it a pop up shows saying 'System Restore has been turned off by group policy. To turn on system restore, contact your domain administrator' I have no idea what this means and where it cam from. My PC is for home use and there is no administrator on the system.

PC Bilbo 09:08 20 Jan 2006

If it's XP Home Ed.try it logging in via Safe Mode.

Forum Editor 09:09 20 Jan 2006

Windows XP can't run without an admin user, and you're it.

Go to Start and click on Control Panel. Then click on the 'system' icon.

Click on the 'system' tab at the top, and then take the tick out of the box that says: Turn off system restore on all drives.

kingsoffife 09:10 20 Jan 2006

I'm not very up on this, could you tell me how to log in and then explain what to do.

kingsoffife 09:20 20 Jan 2006

For Forum Editor

Thanks for that. I will try this when I get home but I am sure I have tried this before and there is no tick in the box you mention.

kingsoffife 11:23 20 Jan 2006

I have tried the above suggestion by the forum editor but there is no system restore button in the systems icon. Does anyone else have any ideas.

VoG II 11:32 20 Jan 2006
  kingsoffife 12:29 20 Jan 2006

Thanks for that I will try it and let you know.

kingsoffife 23:28 20 Jan 2006

VOG
I tried the link that you suggested but when I went to system restore in regedit there was no disable config. There was disable sr but its value was zero. Any further ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?