system Password on Win ME

HauxtonPhil 16:37 12 Sep 2005

I was called to PC running ME on a dial up connection today. User was online when was suddenly disconnected and since then has has username and password refused. I have set up other dial up connections thta I know are OK, but get same response. On start up, the machine now asks for the user password - it has NEVER done this before and the owner claims that it has never had one. The machine will continue when clicking Cancel on password screen, but will now allow the Internet connection wizard to run as it claims the user has not logged on to the computer. Any ideas on a. the cause and b. a solution
Thanks

Gongoozler 16:46 12 Sep 2005

Se if this helps click here

pj123 16:52 12 Sep 2005

On Win 98SE when asked for a user password don't click cancel, press return on the keyboard and it won't ask anymore. Whether that works on ME I don't know but it is worth a try.

To check the dialup connections, make a new connection, enter this number 08451 121212, type in anything you like for the user name "fredbloggs" and type in anything you like for the password "123456". If that works it would suggest that there is something wrong with your original dialup settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?