System information cannot open this NFO file

User-FF5826C8-C546-4EF1-9F50D1F610C81C38 12:30 18 Dec 2007

When I try to open any NFO file the message 'sytem information cannot open this file it might be corrupted or an unrecognized version' appears.

MADMACx9 12:43 18 Dec 2007

NFO files are frequently used for text messages usually with download files. Try right click and "open with" notepad.

interzone55 12:58 18 Dec 2007

You get a lot of NFO files with torrent downloads, the trouble is, the NFO extension is also used by Windows System Information files.

You can open them with Notepad, but you will lose any formatting, as a lot of the people who create these files like to put ASCII graphics in them. To keep the formatting open the file with Wordpad C:\WINDOWS\system32\write.exe

Dipso 14:26 18 Dec 2007

Trty this click here

Thanks for all your help the file opens with notepad and wordpad.The program off Dipso is good but can only open files up to 500kb.The problem with the nfo file arose because I have a problem with a PC game crashing.The vendor asked me to send a saved system information file to them.They replied they could not open the file because it was corrupted.Surely they know about note/word pad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone