system hangs when burning

boon_intheuk 20:53 18 May 2007

Hi, been burning for years, now all of a sudden when trying to burn onto dvd The system hangs within a minute or so and I have to hit the reset button, It burns enough to ruin the disk.
I use nero 7, and have tried the burner within convertxtodvd with the same result.
I tried again tonight and have had a blue screen with this message, exception OE 0028:E3B8C8ED in VXD _ _ _ this was called from 0028:E3B8C8B8 in VXD _ _ _.
I had an earlier blue screen message with similar codes which also mentioned "AVGCORE", I use AVG free anti-virus.
Any ideas anyone?

Operating System: Microsoft Windows ME (4.90, Build 3000)

Mainboard: ASROCK M810LMR
BIOS: Version 1.00

Processor: AMD Duron MMX 3DNow 1300MHz

Graphics card: ATI Radeon 9200SE 128 Mb

Onboard Audio: VIA AC'97 Audio (WAVE)

SONY DVD RW DW-G120A (MYR3)

AVG free anti virus, Zone Alarm firewall.

boon_intheuk 21:42 18 May 2007

nudge

eedcam 22:16 18 May 2007

How much hard drive and Ram do you have .Might be worth shedding some stuff if you are low also a defrag can work wonders sometimes

boon_intheuk 00:09 19 May 2007

I have a 40 gig HD with 3.4 gigs free and 512 Mbs of ram, will try a defrag tonight, thanks.

eedcam 09:06 19 May 2007

thats not a lot of space Boon a single layer dvd is 4.7

boon_intheuk 00:07 25 May 2007

thanks eedcam, I had an overheating problem with my cpu fan making the system unstable, have now sorted with new heatsink and fan, I thought that might be the problem with my burning issue as i believe the cpu has to work hard when burning?
I tried burning 2 gigs worth of DVD files tonight and within seconds i got a blue screen saying "error OD : 0_68 : 00002A" I pressed a key and got "error 06 : 8_A : 0000EA" again I pressed a key and got "WINDOWS PROTECTION ERROR. YOU NEED TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. SYSTEM HALTED.
I tried burning again and that time the computer just restarted itself?
Any idea's anyone?
Thanks.
P.S. it maybe nothing but the option to burn dvd files within nero is greyed out?

boon_intheuk 00:14 25 May 2007

Oh yes i freed up 6 gigs on my harddrive and defragged it prior to burning.

jay.p 00:33 25 May 2007

shut every single programme down thats running so you have enough system resources prior to burning.insert dvd before starting nero and wait for windows to pick it up first,then just shut it down.
try burning with the nero express optionas my nero dvd rom plays up and this is what i have to burn with.
hope this helps.

jay.p 00:33 25 May 2007

sorry should be options.

Diversion 00:56 25 May 2007

Have you tried uninstalling Nero and clear all the crap out with CCleaner after restarting your computer. then re-install Nero, I find Nero does become unstable after using certain features of nero. I usually find it after transcoding a long movie, as I use 2 passes to get a better quality picture. Sometimes transcoding alone can take up to 7 hours, but I burn all mine to the hard drive then it just takes about 13 minutes using Nero Express to burn the disk but I have 400GB hard drive space to store mine on. It seems that you could use an extra hard drive to store yours on.

eedcam 06:29 25 May 2007

Better still forget nero and try and burn with imgburn (freebie)providing you are burning Disc images

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone