SYSTEM CRASH & BLUE SCREEN ERROR!

Baelor 07:53 23 Dec 2014

Hi,

My OS is windows 7 {64bit} 10 gb Ram

I have been having this issue for about a month and my System crashes after few hours of usage. I get a Blue screen and this error message . Below is the Error message : cdd.dll PAGEFAULTINNONPAGEDAREA If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps :

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problem continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS Memory options such as cashing or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advance Startup options, and then select Safe Mode. Technical Information : ''' STOP: 0x00000050 {0xFFFFF900C2C367A0, 0X0000000000000000, 0XFFFFF9600071DC51, 0X0000000000000000 }

''' cdd.dll - Address FFFFF9600071DC51 base at FFFFF96000710000, Datestamp4a5bde94

Collecting date for crash dump ... Initializing disk for crash dump ... Beginning dump of physical memory. Dumping physical memory to disk : 100 Physical memory dump compete. Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance.

Please help! Let me know if any other information is required.

Bris 08:50 23 Dec 2014

Most likely a memory problem.. click here

Baelor 11:42 23 Dec 2014

Thanks for responding.

I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Test and everything was fine. My RAM is new , i bought it around a week back but the problem i had even before the new RAM.

Any other advice?

Grilam 13:07 23 Dec 2014

Hi, i`m actually not that good at this point, but as for me - i always just reinstall windows when the same stuff appear. Thank u.

rdave13 13:20 23 Dec 2014

Some good info here.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:44 23 Dec 2014

There is a hotfix for random failures with this stop code for windows 7 click here

Secret-Squirrel 18:11 23 Dec 2014

Baelor, do all your BSoDs mention cdd.dll? If they do then that file is part of the Windows Graphics Device Interface so either re-installing or updating the drivers for your video card may help.

The Stop message of PAGE-FAULT-IN-NON-PAGED-AREA can also be caused by faulty RAM in your graphics card. Do you have another one you can try to prove if it is the cause of your problems?

rdave13 18:56 23 Dec 2014

SS, never thought about the ram on the GPU card, nice one.

Baelor 03:54 24 Dec 2014

@Secret-Squirrel I have check for the latest graphic card and it is the latest graphic card driver.

I am not tech savy so could you please tell me how to check BSoDs ?

The Ram is new , bought it a week back but i had this issue for about a month now. When you say might be problem with RAM , do you mean the Ram itself or the RAM Socket that holds the ram. I suspect its the Ram Socket.

Thanks

Secret-Squirrel 09:39 24 Dec 2014

".........could you please tell me how to check BSoDs ?"

BlueScreenView is a simple free tool that'll display all your BSoDs along with the technical details about each crash - you can get it from here. The top pane lists all the crashes. Double-click on an entry to view the details in a new window. Bug Check String and Caused by Driver are the two most important bits of information. Are yours all the same for each crash or are they different? If it's the latter then post details about the last three or four.

"The Ram is new , bought it a week back but i had this issue for about a month now."

I was referring to video RAM - the memory that's built into your graphics card (if you have a separate one). If your computer uses onboard graphics (built into the motherboard) then that's not relevant as it doesn't have its own RAM.

john bunyan 13:02 24 Dec 2014

Baelor

Please forgive supplementary question to SS. I downloaded the Blue Screen view, but no files were picked up. I had a similar issue a few weeks back so maybe I have somehow deleted the crash dump stuff. Does it auto detect past instances? If not where are they filed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017