System Configuration - services problem

p.murray 12:21 19 May 2007

I have just had my computer 'repaired', but I find that I cannot access some services - ie cannot bring up msn hotmail, cannot logon to certain sites or access links. Windows Media Player is now inaccessible. I have checked the system configuration and it appears that, although all the boxes are ticked to enable, some services have 'stopped' next to them rather than 'running'. They all seem to be Microsoft programmes. Now, I do not know a great deal about the technical side of things, but I gather these services should be running. Can anyone help me in layman's terms to rectify this problem?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

The Kestrel 12:26 19 May 2007

If this has happened as a result of the repairs carried out on your PC, it is the responsibility of the repairer to return your PC to correct working order, not you.

p.murray 13:05 19 May 2007

The person who dealt with my computer is an independent repairer, who I have been trying to contact now for 4 days now! I thought someone may have a 'quick fix' to this problem, as I can't seem to raise him.

here you go mate
pick the default column
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?