system config again!!

podlod 09:49 17 Apr 2010

Hi, I asked a few weeks ago on how to remove the panel that keeps appearing everytime i boot up reading> SYSTEM CONTROL UTILITY, you have to restart PC to take affect. When I restart it keeps appearing, I have ticked the box not to show this message again, but it refuses to co-operate and re-appears. Any help pleeeeese!!

gengiscant 09:59 17 Apr 2010

Go to the link below and under the letter "M" scroll down to "Msconfig - Stops the Selective Startup screen" where you'll find the instructions you're looking for.

click here

podlod 09:06 18 Apr 2010

Hi, thank you for returning promptly, and I went to the site where you gave me the link which I admit is very useful and it tells me to go to regedit to remove what I need on msconfig, but not sure in regedit where to go or what to delete? please help.

gengiscant 12:50 18 Apr 2010

Msconfig - Corrupt

To extract: Open a command prompt window. Insert your XP CD into the drive and enter the following command:

EXPAND -R X:\I386\MSCONFIG.EX_ Z:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\BINARIES. This will extract a new copy of the MSCONFIG.EXE from the CD.

Msconfig - To Remove Entries:

These values are stored in the Registry. Click Start/Run/Regedit

For items that were in the Start menu, Programs, Startup folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder.
You'll find a subkey for each disabled item.

For items loaded from the Registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg.
Again, you'll find a subkey for each disabled item.

Msconfig - Stops the Selective Startup screen

Download the xp_nomsconfig.vbs file: click here and save it to your Desktop (you may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double-click the xp_nomsconfig.vbs file after closing MSConfig. You will not see the Selective Startup screen on the next boot.

podlod 11:02 20 Apr 2010

Hi, I looked in Regedit, and msconfig but it mentions nothing regarding system control utility?

podlod 09:03 02 May 2010

Hi, thanks for all your help and I have now resolved the problem, again thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?