system config again!!

podlod 09:49 17 Apr 2010

Hi, I asked a few weeks ago on how to remove the panel that keeps appearing everytime i boot up reading> SYSTEM CONTROL UTILITY, you have to restart PC to take affect. When I restart it keeps appearing, I have ticked the box not to show this message again, but it refuses to co-operate and re-appears. Any help pleeeeese!!

gengiscant 09:59 17 Apr 2010

Go to the link below and under the letter "M" scroll down to "Msconfig - Stops the Selective Startup screen" where you'll find the instructions you're looking for.

click here

podlod 09:06 18 Apr 2010

Hi, thank you for returning promptly, and I went to the site where you gave me the link which I admit is very useful and it tells me to go to regedit to remove what I need on msconfig, but not sure in regedit where to go or what to delete? please help.

gengiscant 12:50 18 Apr 2010

Msconfig - Corrupt

To extract: Open a command prompt window. Insert your XP CD into the drive and enter the following command:

EXPAND -R X:\I386\MSCONFIG.EX_ Z:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\BINARIES. This will extract a new copy of the MSCONFIG.EXE from the CD.

Msconfig - To Remove Entries:

These values are stored in the Registry. Click Start/Run/Regedit

For items that were in the Start menu, Programs, Startup folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder.
You'll find a subkey for each disabled item.

For items loaded from the Registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg.
Again, you'll find a subkey for each disabled item.

Msconfig - Stops the Selective Startup screen

Download the xp_nomsconfig.vbs file: click here and save it to your Desktop (you may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double-click the xp_nomsconfig.vbs file after closing MSConfig. You will not see the Selective Startup screen on the next boot.

podlod 11:02 20 Apr 2010

Hi, I looked in Regedit, and msconfig but it mentions nothing regarding system control utility?

podlod 09:03 02 May 2010

Hi, thanks for all your help and I have now resolved the problem, again thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017