system changes after virus heat bundle

nickiscorpio 13:43 13 Jul 2008

hiya

yesterday hubby dowloaded a movie and withit a bundle of stuff linked with virus heat, ive seen on another thread how to remove and will try this when i get home, ( if i can get next access in time to down load as my browser being hijacked after 2 pages also,

my query is tho that my profile on xp has gon wrong and reverted back to and old version and all my documents missing ( this is when i link in to my name on xp log on page) now i have found all my doucments and pics on my pc, but some thing has happend and an extra profile has appeared when i go in to the info ( my usual profile is nicki and the new one is nicki.fletchi) the new one does not shouw in the control pannel so i cant delete account that way, i tried system restore but it failed , i guess as i still have infections on my pc. if i try that again when my pc clean will this work?? or any other advice ???

nicki

tullie 13:52 13 Jul 2008

First off,i would have stern words with hubby lol

mfletch 13:55 13 Jul 2008

Hi nicki

Its hard to say what the infection is doing to your computer so it would be better to clean it first then try and sort out your other problems,

This should get rid of virus heat

Do a full scan in safe mode,

click here

SAFE MODE

Reboot into SAFE MODE

1/Click Start and then click Turn Off Computer.
2/In the Turn Off Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK.
3/As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8 repeatedly.
4/Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
5/If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.
Note: If Windows launches before you can choose a safe mode, restart your computer and try again
PS/ Sometimes it maybe the F5 key

mfletch

ronalddonald 13:58 13 Jul 2008

could say other half.

Any way Try xp repair that way non of the files will be deleted.

Do you have superantispyware, look on forum where you can get it and give it a go.

websites to try spware doctor:

click here

downlaod super anti form here if possible and dowlaod a firewall too:

click here

nickiscorpio 13:59 13 Jul 2008

thanks ill post again when i get home and clean it up , thank you. found the tool on another thread too and have printed the instuctions

nicki

nickiscorpio 19:16 13 Jul 2008

thanks for the advice, all clean now, although had to get prog of downloads . com unfortunatly was not able to rectafy the mess it made of my profile on xp, but at least managed to s documents.

fab site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone