System battery dead

BobT. 13:10 15 Oct 2004

When I switch my PC on I get message about dead system battery - how can i change it and where to get it from?
Thank you.

Taff36 13:35 15 Oct 2004

What kind of system have you got? Laptop or desktop / tower. The batteries are like flat camera batteries. Simple to remove (Usually) and replace. Your system manual should tell you how to do it but post back and we`ll help!

Bren.ie 13:36 15 Oct 2004

The system battery is usually a small "button cell" battery located on the motherboard of the computer.

If you do not have a motherboard instruction manual have a look at the motherboard and carefully remove the button cell battery. The make and type of battery will usually be printed on the battery.

If you are unable to buy a similar battery from your computer shop try click here

Taff36 13:40 15 Oct 2004

click here

click here

Any good PC shop will have one. Plus camera shops(Jessops), Staples or other stationery shop perhaps.

uisquebeathus 13:47 15 Oct 2004

the battery is on the Motherboard usually in a small spring clipped holder very carefully depress the spring and the battery will pop out, try not to scratch the motherboard. Battery types for example the Varta/Panasonic/K.T.S./Sony 2032 3volt Lithium is very common (different companies same number)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone