System Alert

User-394903 12:04 04 Feb 2007

Hello,
I am running WinXP with SP2 and Norton 2003 with all the updates. In the bottom right corner of the task bar there is a blue and white flashing icon with a question mark in the centre which changes to red. From time to time the 'System Alert' message appears >System has detected a number of active spyware applications that may impact the performance of your computer. Click on the icon to get rid of unwanted spyware by downloading an up to date antispyware solution I have run Norton 2003 (which showed nothing!?,) AVG Anti-Spyware, 16 items were deleted and Ad-Aware SE Personal, 1 item was deleted. The problem is the message still appears. Any help would be appreciated.

rawprawn 12:10 04 Feb 2007

Can you use system restore?

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:36 04 Feb 2007

click here gives fairly simple removal instructions. Post back if you are unsure.

G

User-394903 13:22 04 Feb 2007

Hi rawprawn,
Yes, but I can only go back to 30/01/07. That is the date I set this comp up. It's not anew one.
Hi GANDALF,
You're right, I am not sure as to how to proceed. Please advise

rawprawn 13:48 04 Feb 2007

Was that restore point before your problem appeared. If so use it, you won't lose any data only system updates etc.

rawprawn 13:52 04 Feb 2007

Also GANDALF <|:-)>@s link pretty simple, if you want to get into Safe Mode turn your computer off then reboot and keep tapping the F8 key as it is booting, you will then be given the option to boot into safe mode.

User-394903 14:30 04 Feb 2007

Thank you Rawprawn and GANDALF. Things are back to normal again... well almost. I'll close this post and click resolved, then post my latest issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?