Sysfader

Press Man 19:57 15 Oct 2005

Hi Guys,

When shutting down my pc, nine times out of ten I get an end programme dialogue box saying "sysfader end now". I have run NAV, Ad-Aware, SBS&D, XoftSPY and HJT with nothing found?
Anybody got any ideas as to what this is and how to stop it?
Thanks in advance of your help.

Diodorus Siculus 20:04 15 Oct 2005

If you are on XP SP2, there seems to be a problem with its firewall and third party firewalls - do you have either enabled?

Diodorus Siculus 20:04 15 Oct 2005

sysfader - sysfader.exe - Process Information
"Process File: sysfader or sysfader.exe
Process Name: NVidia Graphics Utility

Description:
sysfader.exe is an process belonging to the Nvidia graphics device range and is bundled alongside these products. This is a non-critical system process although it should not be terminated unless suspected of causing problems"
click here

Press Man 20:50 15 Oct 2005

Yes I am running ZA firewall. If it is a Nvidia process or a firewall error is there anything to be done?

Diodorus Siculus 09:38 16 Oct 2005

You could turn off the XP firewall - best anyway if you have a third party firewall running.

You can also turn off the sysfader.exe

start

run

services.msc

and from there disable it

problem is ZA I have switched to protectorplus.com avoids the stiff setting used by za which causes hang ups etc

Press Man 11:51 16 Oct 2005

XP firewall is of, running ZA free version. Can not find SysFader in services?

Press Man 13:28 16 Oct 2005

XP firewall is off, running ZA free version. Can not find SysFader in services?

Press Man 17:41 16 Oct 2005

bump

splork 18:27 16 Oct 2005

get this click here
right click on the column bar select "show image path", set refresh to every 5 seconds, leave it running until sysfader shows up and see where it's running from, then kill the process in processexplorer and rename the sysfader.exe to sysfader.___ or something. a little more complex if it's a .dll

splork 18:29 16 Oct 2005

Sorry, I meant, the solution is more complex if it's a .dll - you can find it by searching for sysfader in dll's or handles with the Find function

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?