Sysdoc32 not responding

dustbin 05:43 16 Apr 2004

My computer has recently started freezing ,Ctrl Alt Dlt gives the reponse "Sysdoc32 not reponding ". Any thoughts on what might be causing it?

howard60 06:31 16 Apr 2004

could be a virus - do a full check

VoG II 07:15 16 Apr 2004

Part of Norton Systemworks?

temp003 08:15 16 Apr 2004

Not a solution, but if you run Norton System Doctor, my suggestion is simply turn it off from startup. It is supposed to monitor your computer and do things such as warn you about system running out of resources, disk space, disk fragmentation and so on. First of all, you don't need it to tell you about these things. You would know anyway. Second, even if you find it of some use, it's not worth the resources it hogs. I'm not a Norton basher, as I use Norton SystemWorks myself. But I do find SystemDoctor a waste of time. I used to disable it, but now I simply exlude it during installation.

Go into Norton's configuration options and tick SystemDoctor off from startup programs.

If you're not prepared to turn it off, then hopefully someone can give you a suggestion for resolving the problem.

Check that you have enough memory. If memory is short, tick off other unnecessary Startup applications in msconfig.

dustbin 18:45 16 Apr 2004

Its not a virus I've removed Norton System doctor and will see if that helps.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017