synctoy deleting emails

trigger2 08:28 30 Jun 2006

hi i have dell notebook running XP home/office XP networked (wireless) to to a PC also running XP home/Office XP and i use synctoy loaded onto the notebook to sync outlook emails between the two.
however syntoy seems to be deleting some emails from the inbox every now and again, some of the emails i can retreive from the deleted pst file in the recycle bin but not all, it's a real pain!
anyone got any suggestions or know of a better sync. app?
thanks

Minkey1 11:51 30 Jun 2006

Looking at it from a different direction, I use the same set up as you (inc SyncToy) but leave emails on the servers so both machines get their own copies via their own Outlooks. It does mean that every so often I have to manually empty the server inboxes. I really use SyncToy for folders sync'd between the 2 and an external drive.

There may be a better application that can handle the process with emails but you may have to pay for it.

trigger2 12:06 30 Jun 2006

thanks minkey 1. that seems like a reasonable solution. shame though syntoy works well with other files it's just some emails that seem to be the problem. speaking as a near techincal numpty how do i go about setting up this server solution? thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone