SyncMaster 2232BW

son-of-a-gun 18:34 28 Sep 2008

Can someone please advise:
Would I get the best out of a 22” Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW while using a 256MB RADEON HD 2400 PRO PCI Express + DVI video card I’m not into gaming but interested in this monitor because of it’s ability to display photographs with results better than I have seen before on a PC monitor, the display photographs I saw though was with a much better video card than mine.
BTW I'm using a 19" AL1912 now :(

Thanx for any help

Condom 18:51 28 Sep 2008

I wouldn't say you will get THE BEST but you should get almost as good as it gets. I use an Nvidia 6800LE on my 226BW and I can't complain about the quality of the picture and I have been used to a 21" IIyama which was supposed to have the best picture pre flat screens. I think your card is better than mine so you should be OK.

DieSse 19:00 28 Sep 2008

Whatever you see in terms of the display quality of photos depends more on the quality of the photos than anything else.

However, of course the monitor itself (and the care with which it has been adjusted), and the graphics card, and the cable (DVI connections should be better than VGA connections) - will all contribute to viewed quality too.

So there is no concrete answer to your question in my opinion.

Trying it may be the only thing that will tell you. It's unlikely that anyone will have compared this monitor with you current card against the same monitor with a different card. And even then their comments will be subjective.

It would be all to easy to change you graphics card for a "better" one - and find it's display quality is actually no better or even worse.

DieSse 19:05 28 Sep 2008

Note the performance (speed) of a graphics card is in no way related to displayed quality. That depends far more on the goodness of the output components (not the graphics chip).

A good brand name is probably more helpful than the actual chip used - as they are more likely to have spent more care in the design, and to use better quality components.

Woolwell 21:19 28 Sep 2008

I have a 2232BW. The native resolution is 1680 x 1050. If your card can support that and you have good connections then there shouldn't be a problem. DieSse comments are very sound.

son-of-a-gun 22:20 28 Sep 2008

I take on board what you all say and thank each one of you for your input. :)

I've just been in contact with the guy who owns the SyncMaster 2232BW he sounds very willing to allow me try my PC with his monitor.

I can't see a better way of resolving this issue, well not without spending about £180s first.

Thanx again all :)
Cheers son-of-a-gun

son-of-a-gun 17:26 30 Sep 2008

SyncMaster 2232BW Now purchased.

Result!!! :)

Thanx again folks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie