syncing with mobile phone

trishandtez 15:57 24 Jul 2010

Hi all, need a little help with this, I can sync with my phone and have an application installer but when I want to add items I have downloaded to my pc and then onto my phone (HTC desire)a window comes up and I am asked to browse where I want the file to be elected from but when I click nothing appears in the "selected file" box so I cannot add anything to my phone, can anyone help with this? thanks in advance, ps underneath this box it says this file will be installed on your mobile phone my htc desire so it has recognised the phone

gengiscant 16:49 24 Jul 2010

Have you browsed to where you have saved the downloaded file?

trishandtez 17:05 24 Jul 2010

yes I have and another window comes up with a list of items on my pc and I had downloaded it to "downloads" I can see it there but when I click on it , it goes to an inner file and again on another inner file all the while I am clicking to see if any of these will select, I have right clicked as well and then clicked select but selected file will not enter the box needed to proceed

gengiscant 17:13 24 Jul 2010

Can you drag the whole thing into the HTC software?

trishandtez 17:24 24 Jul 2010

I suppose I could and I could do it with another phone as the sd card was shown on the pc with the other phone but I can only transfer photo's and stuff to pc through bluetooth, I cannot see an sd card on "my computer", I can see a drive "g" but when I click on that it says , insert a disc??? so would like to learn how to use this way of doing things also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?