Synchronising Outlook to SE T610

montyburns 22:53 18 Apr 2004

I have at long last managed to get my Sony Ericsson T610 mobile to communicate with my PC via Bluetooth (it's been doing fine using a serial cable for a while now)

With either option though, I am having probs synching with Outlook. What happens is it tells me that there are certain "extra" entries (4 at the moment) in the phone calendar and simply asks if I want to erase these entries. If I pick "no" it simply stops. If I choose "yes" then the entries get erased - but it doesn't tell me what they are or give me a choice to erase/keep one by one.

Is there a way I can defeat this?

Or alternatively is there some other software someone can recommend that I can use with the SE calendar? I am getting on OK with other software (float's mobile agent etc) for the phone book and sms....

Also is there a way to stop Outlook showing contacts as "Smith, Fred" instead of "Fred Smith"? I know I can choose which way round to display for each entry, but is there a global setting somewhere?

Thanks!

Dave

BRYNIT 09:02 19 Apr 2004

Unable to help with synching with Outlook.

With ref to the name options in Outlook. Go to tools/option/preferences/contact options and change default "full name" order.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?