Synchronising folders on two computers - iTunes

john bunyan 13:52 25 Feb 2014
Answered

A grand daughter uses our iTunes account and we have her music on our pc. She also has the same on hers in another location. If either of us makes a purchase from the iTunes store, the other can download it via iCloud. We botrhe, occasionally will obtain MP3 from other sources (ripping, Audials etc.) Without having to pay for iMatch, is there a way of occasionally harmonising the two PC's. I thought of copying the I tunes music from PC(a) to a USB HD, then using freefilesynch to harmonise the files. Alternatively could one use a freebie such as "Beyond Compare"? iTunes "prefers" that one uses the command "add folder - or file - to the library" so I am not sure how it would deal with adding to the music folder within Windows Eplorer. We have a separate account for our own iTunes music.

john bunyan 14:11 25 Feb 2014

MechKB

Thanks; will try it.

john bunyan 14:14 25 Feb 2014

MechKB

Just thought - isn't Dropbox limited to 2 Gig? Our iTunes is 23Gig.I wonder if Teamviewer ha that facility?

Woolwell 14:54 25 Feb 2014

The non-free way is iTunes Match

john bunyan 15:07 25 Feb 2014

Woolwell

Thanks; I did mention Match in my 3rd line; I think I may bite the bullet as it does that I want. I wonder, however MS, Dropbox or Google cloud would be more flexible. Remote networking maybe another thing to look at. On balance iTunes Match seems simpler.

john bunyan 15:21 25 Feb 2014
Answer

I will also look further into Teamviewer, as we both have it and I have used it quite often when she has had some difficulty with her PC at University. See Teamviewer

john bunyan 12:37 26 Feb 2014

I will green tick this - Will use pad for iTunes Match if I cannot work out Teamviewer's networking - it looks the best free way of doing these things.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?