synchronise outlook with smartphone

robhawk 10:15 07 May 2009

Has anybody discovered if the Windows Mobile Sync Centre can be made to synchronise Calendar in Outlook 2003 on Vista equipped computer. Would Outlook 2007 work? I can synchronise Contacts.
Imust be able to sy nchronise Contacts and Calendar; is there a better solution?

Boghound 11:26 07 May 2009

You have to use Microsoft Activesync ....It gives you a choice of what to sync and works for me in both 2003 and 2007. I use XP it's a different Microsoft Activesync for Vista

robhawk 12:10 07 May 2009

Thank you Boghound but I used Activesync successfully with XP but now, using rotten Vista, I have lost the ability to synchronise. Is there a solution to my problem, which other people must have faced?

Woolwell 17:23 07 May 2009

I sync successfully with Outlook 2007 and before that Outlook 2003. You need Windows Mobile Device Centre for Vista click here.

But success does depend to a certain extent on the make and model of your phone.

If you can sync Outlook Contacts I am a bit puzzled why you cannot sync calendar.

robhawk 22:47 07 May 2009

Thanks for the various replies. I do use Mobile Device Centre for Vista but it has not solved the problem.
Why cannot one ask Microsoft the straightforward question: why can't we have the same degree of functionality i.e. full synchronisation in Vista using Mobile Device Centre for Vista that I had with XP and Activesync?

Woolwell 23:22 07 May 2009

But Mobile Device Centre does provide the same amount of synchronisation as ActiveSync and XP. You do not seem to be able to get it to work. What make and model of phone do you have? With mine you had to alter a setting on the phone to get it to sync at all. If you can sync Contacts there should be no reason why you cannot sync the calendar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?