Synchronise Outlook

wee eddie 08:39 16 Feb 2007

I wish to have up-to-date copies of both my Diary and Contacts on both my PC and my old Laptop.

At the present my PC is connected to the Router via each's only network port. I then connect my Laptop to the Router by the only other spare port which is USB.

The Laptop has an unused Network Port but the PC has only the one which is already connected to the Router.

At the present I put the latest back-up copy of the PC's Outlook.pst file into the shared Folder and then Import it into the Laptop's copy of Outlook, which it then overwrites.

The Question: What simple ways are there to synchronise both copies of Outlook so that I can make alterations to whichever copy I want and, after synchronisation, that change becomes common to both the PC and the Laptop?

ArrGee 01:37 17 Feb 2007

As a first suggestion, I'd post this into the helproom!

Have a look at this: click here

wee eddie 07:59 17 Feb 2007

However it addresses the wrong problem as I am not interested in synchronising e-mails. It's my Diary and Contacts (with all its attached stuff) that I need to synchronise.

Someone suggested Laplink, (I have Googled, read, and cogitated) it appears to be overkill but will become the solution of last resort.

The reason for the choice of venue is that I am a complete novice in the synchronising field and need knowledge at a beginners level.

wee eddie 07:06 18 Feb 2007

I'm sure there must be a solution

BRYNIT 10:53 18 Feb 2007

From Microsoft Help and Support don't know if it will help. click here

wee eddie 13:59 18 Feb 2007

I'm running Outlook 2002/XP and the item relates to 2000/98 and the .Net Framework which leaves me out in the cold.

Forum Editor 14:42 18 Feb 2007

click here

Works like a dream.

wee eddie 15:11 18 Feb 2007

Thanks - That looks like the business.

I shall wait a while before closing the thread to see if anything else turns up.

wee eddie 10:50 19 Feb 2007

I don't want to appear mean, but maybe there's a "freebie" out there

Technotiger 22:32 19 Feb 2007

Hi, as well as back-up, this wizard helps you move OE between computers ...

click here

VoG II 22:46 19 Feb 2007

Doesn't appear to work with Outlook.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?