synchronisation with HTC Desire

Newuser3477 22:39 05 Oct 2010

I have a new HTC Desire smart phone and I am not able to synchronise my Outlook calender data using the HTC sync software and HTC helpdesk can't help me. A new entry in the outlook calender on my PC is always duplicated on the phone when I sync this with my HTC phone. This occurs whether I set the pc data,the phone data or last change of data as the priority. Is there a known solution
Thanks

sunnystaines 07:23 06 Oct 2010

I found htc help very poor, try going into a phone shop, i find carphone warehouse excellent for help.

i use gmail and my desire sync's straightforward with this without problem.

stlucia 07:30 06 Oct 2010

"... A new entry in the outlook calender on my PC is always duplicated on the phone when I sync this with my HTC phone ..."

Isn't this what syncing is supposed to do? I only have Outlook Express, so have no calendar on my PC, but HTC Sync works fine for my contacts.

Newuser3477 14:23 06 Oct 2010

sorry I should have made it clear that the synchronisation operation produces 2 duplicated entries in my smart p[hone. \sometimes when I have been struggling to make the process work I have ended up with 4 duplicate entries. When I give the PC the priority the sync doesn't always enter the data into the phone and visa versa with giving the phone entries the priority. My outlook calender is virtually empty as the phone entries are not copied to the Pc outlook but the originals have been deleted.
I really do need help and HTC have not provided it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?